Venue: Brunei Gallery, School of Oriental and African Studies,
10 Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H OCG
Date: 13th March 2005
Time: 2.00pm – 7.00pm
The meeting will encompass presentations by distinguished and expert speakers, including:
- Dr Salah Al-Shaikhly, Iraqi Ambassador to the UK
- Ms Helen Bamber, Founder of the Medical Foundation
- Prof. Kevin Boyle, Member of Human Rights Centre at the University of Essex
- Dr Gareth Stansfield, Research Fellow at the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies, University of Exeter
- Mr Shorsh Haji, Academic and Researcher
- Prof. Dlawer Ala’Aldeen, Academic and Researcher, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Dr Munther Al-Fadhal, Advisor of Prime Minister-KRG
- Kerim Yildiz, Director of Kurdish Human Rights Project
- Kamran Salih-Beg, representing the Joint Committee of the UK branches of Kurdistan Parties.
- Dr Sherzad Talabani, Academic
There will be time for questions and discussions
- The Programme will also include pieces of traditional and contemporary Kurdish music and songs by Tara Jaff, Adnan Karim and Goran Mufty.
- Poetry reading by Choman Hardi.
- Teatro di Nascosto - Hidden Theatre of Volterra, Italy, will present a short theatre reportage with the name "Memories" or "Yadgariakan" about Anfal and the gas bombing of Halabja. With Annet Henneman and Gianni Calastri.
- A Dramatic production on Halabja called "A message from the martyrs of Halabja" - by Heewa Sheik and group.
- Photo exhibition on Anfal and Halabja – Fed-Bir (Kurdish Federation in the UK)
- Two video documentaries on Anfal and Halabja from South Kurdistan.
1) “Anfal” by Aref Qurbani from Kirkuk Television.
2) “Halabja” by Ibrahim Hawrami, from Halabja City.
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided